Hello wonderful Clients!! It’s the holidays again! That wonderful time of year that families gather for and have new memories made. This also means the family furbabies too! There is usually one or two people in each household that ask, ‘can we give this to the animals?’ So I am here to help answer that question! This is directly from the ASPCA website!

Don’t feed them the following:

Undercooked meat, eggs, or bones

-can contain harmful bacteria such as salmonella and e. Coli. eggs can contain avidin which decreases vitamin B in your dogs which can cause skin and coat problems. Bones can cause choking problems


-can cause vomiting, diarrhea, decreased coordination, central nervous system depression, difficulty breathing, tremors, coma and even death

Chocolate, coffee, and caffeine

-these products have a substance called methylxanthines in them which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, vomiting, panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and even death.


-The stem, leaves, peels, fruit and seeds of the citrus plants contain citric acid which can cause irritation and possibly even central nervous system depressions. Small doses however are not likely to cause any problems aside from minor upset stomach.

Coconut and oil

-in small amounts this is not likely to cause any harm to your pet. However it can cause an upset stomach and loose stool. So with this the website cautions you to use these products.

Grapes and raisins

-these fruits can cause kidney failure. The toxins are still unknown to science in these fruits


-can cause weakness, depression, vomiting, tremors and hypothermia in dogs.

Onions Garlic and Chive

-these can cause gastrointestinal irritation and could lead to red blood cell damage and anemia.

Salty and salty snack foods

-large amount of salt can produce excessive thirst and urination, or even sodium ion poisoning in pets. Signs that your pet has eaten too many salty snacks are the following: vomiting, diarrhea, depression, tremors, elevated body temp, seizures or even death.


-this is a sweetener we humans use in food and drinks. It can cause insulin release in most species, which can lead to liver failure.

Yeast dough

-this can rise in your pets belly and can cause gas to accumulate. This causes the stomach to bloat, and potentially twist, becoming a life threatening emergency. Yeast dough also produces ethanol as a by-product and a dog ingesting raw bread dough can become drunk.

Thank you for reading and we at Inside and Out Pet Care hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday!!!